-->

Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 25. Day 144. Don't mention the war


Can you actually believe only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers were made? Seriously. Basil, Sybil, Polly and Manuel only performed together a dozen times. And yet, there's such a lasting impression. If I was to say "don't mention the war" it's very likely whoever I was with would respond "I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it".  Fawlty Towers has made and impression. Fawlty Towers has even taught me what's in a Waldorf Salad "celery, apples, walnuts, grapes". So I was more than happy to be in the room for the Fawlty Towers Dining Experience Tonight. It could have been a dream crusher ...but it wasn't. It was exactly what I would imagine dining in the restaurant of that Torquay hotel would be like. Crazy, bad tempered and fun . ...provided you are in on the joke. I loved it despite the fact that I ended up with false teeth in my soup; perhaps because I ended up with false teeth in my soup. Seriously, you have to laugh.















No comments:

Post a Comment