-->

Friday, May 10, 2019

May 10. Day 129. Then sings my soul


 Even those who are not true believers would have to concede some things about the church .... here I am talking about the buildings not religion.
There is something special about ecclesiastical architecture. But it doesn't only look good - it sounds great.
The acoustics of the cathedral are uniquely awesome.
So if you want music for the soul, a cathedral is the place for it.
Tonight I experienced that in Saint Stephen's Cathedral.  In a program called MBS the audiences was treated to Beethoven's Mass in C plus Mozart and Schubert. It was a beautiful thing.
I worked the desk so I was able to greet everyone as they walked in - including my cousin.
And because I looked official I was invited up to the balcony to take photos which is also kind of awesome. Music for the soul, for sure.













No comments:

Post a Comment