-->

Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12. Day 131. Happy Mother's Day


 I've said it before and I'll say it again ...being a mother is the hardest job you will ever do. And the financial rewards are crap. So while Mother's Day is largely a Hallmark occasion -before everyone stopped sending actual greeting cards - I embrace it entirely. What is so dreadfully wrong about pausing to tell those nearest and dearest to us that they are nearest and dearest? Nothing, I reckon.
Today I celebrated with my mum and my son (as well as my oldest sister and her kids and our respective husbands) at a Mother's Day brunch.
It was lovely.
And my "baby' bought me things he knew I'd love. Pyjamas and a book by Ian McEwan. Gold. And there was an afternoon nap.  Mothers need a little lie down.














No comments:

Post a Comment