-->

Thursday, November 3, 2016

November 3. Day 308. Eying off a new career

I joke often that I need to figure out what it is I want to do when I grow up. There is a fundamental flaw to this, actually a couple. 1. It assumes I shall grow up and 2. It suggests career planning as opposed to things just kind of evolving which has been the plan to this point. Still for 3.7 seconds today I joked that perhaps location scout might be it. After all the showcase filming which on Tuesday was at my home today moved to my work. One group's piece was set in a radio studio. Who do we know who might just have a radio studio in her back pocket (or more correctly just out the back of her office)? Correct. Me. Easy peasy except for a small detail. Really small detail. It's a studio built for two. Add a third talent, a sound engineer, a camera operator and a director and it gets very cosy indeed. Add lights and cosy turns to stifling. I suppose beggars can't be choosers and I wasn't one of the poor unfortunates who had to spend any time in there. Anyway there's a new career I never had. Back to my day job. Anyway I must say watching the whole process evolve and unfold was terribly interesting (because I wasn't the one with make-up melting under lights). 








No comments:

Post a Comment