-->

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25. Day 177. Mister Cellophane


You know it's all an act but when an actor nails it that fact is quickly forgotten. I know I'm his mum so I would think that but I could feel the desperation in just about every bar my boy sang in Mr Cellophane in Fame's senior musical today. In the otherwise very, very upbeat musical Chicago, this song is a so tragically sad it's hard to believe. Being invisible is a state few aspire to (sure there are times we all crave invisibility and a cloak is a super power but it's something people want to use selectively).
So when your boy is up there in pain I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him he was far from invisible, just the opposite. But then I'm his mum. And anyway, by the second act I know he's okay because he sings about it "I'm not yet dead" from Spamalot. And that's the beauty of the theatre and the power of the actor: so many roles and such an ability to transport. You have to love that.
Today's steps: 16, 606













No comments:

Post a Comment