-->

Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 21. Day 52. I can see clearly now ...



I think we dodged a bullet. Nature has a good way of reminding us mere mortals that no matter how strong, how intelligent, how advanced we think we are, humans just can't tame nature. It does what it does and we just have to roll over and take it. Unpredictable business, weather, even though it has to be said the weather bureau is getting very good at this sort of thing. All week, we've been warned this was heading our way and man were they right. And this is what surprises me. After being driven from my home because my love of food is stronger than my desire not to get wet I saw so many people dashing between awnings seeking shelter from the rain. Hey people, humans may be no match for Mother Nature but an umbrella really is an easy investment. Try one some time. I could probably even lend you one. I have many of them. The weather clears, as it did this afternoon and the umbrella gets stored somewhere safe. And humans are supposed to be intelligent ...

No comments:

Post a Comment