-->

Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 6. Day 96. A very merry unbirthday to me


 Today's post is brought to you by the letter T and the Number 48. It is Sesame Street meets Alice in Wonderland. Thanks to Alice in Wonderland I know it is okay to celebrate an un-birthday with a tea party, a high tea party as it happens.
I love the concept of un-birthdays but I think Lewis Carroll had it wrong. We really shouldn't celebrate 364 un-birthdays a year. I think that is over kill. But just one special day, that doesn't seem fair either. I have declared this week the Week of Susan Celebrations. That seems fair, right?
To make sure I was on track in such a tricky matter, I turned to a source even more authoritative than Wikipedia - Sesame Street.
I am sure you will all be familiar with the classic movie Elmo Saves Christmas. Actually I am sure you won't be so let me share my synopsis. Elmo has three wishes and one wish is that every day be Christmas because everyone is so nice to each other and happy at Christmas. Of course, that didn't work out so well so we got to sing about it.

"Every day can't be Christmas
that wouldn't be such a treat.
You can get tired of chocolate candy
 when that's all you eat.
Every day can't be your birthday
That wouldn't be such fun
Too many birthdays aren't half as nice as one
That you wait for.  Wait for joy and recall and if every day was Christmas, there wouldn't be Christmas at all."
So once Christmas or your birthday becomes an everyday experience it loses what is special about it. That's moral one. But there was another moral. We were reminded to keep some of the joy of Christmas and the spirit of enjoying life with special people every one of the year. So it was a delight to enjoy an un-birthday today with friends Donna Weeks and Mel Kettle and we've pledged to do it again even when it is not anyone's un-birthday. We shouldn''t need an excuse. Thanks ladies

1 comment:

  1. An un-birthday with a good moral. I agree, not something you can have everyday but why not for a special treat, especially if shared with good friends.

    ReplyDelete