-->

Thursday, December 6, 2018

December 6. Day 341. When one door opens





When Margaret excitedly  mentioned that her nursing home was having a Christmas door decoration contest my first words were "challenge accepted". My first act (after Googling obviously) was to head to Reverse Garbage. This is where every thinking person must go if faced with a craft project best created with weird and wonderful bits of waste. I found just what I was looking for. Round rubber discs in two sizes - no need to cut pesky circles. I teamed that with a small scrap of orange plastic. The sign said it was easy to cut. It didn't lie. And finally there was the end of a roll of fabric that looked perfect for a scarf. Done. I looked at all the other creations on display. They looked clever but complicated. My project was simple but effective AND it worked. Margaret beamed. A job well done.






No comments:

Post a Comment