-->

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December 11. Day 346. Wise Owls


 It was graduation day today. I didn't go. I felt rather bad about that.
It is an important part of the university cycle. For those who have been to as many graduations as I have, they can become tedious but I know that for almost all the students it is a really important first.
Another group of eager young students is going out to the world.
But of course I'm on the beach and on sick leave and so not there, except in spirit.
And then there was the wise owls. This morning I was speaking to one of the residents in the street I am saying.
He told me there were owls in the tree and pointed two out.
He told me they were called Giggle and Hoot (after the owl-based ABC kids show). They were still there that afternoon.  I showed them to my mother and son.
What amazingly beautiful birds. I see them as an omen, a reminder of the graduation day I missed.











No comments:

Post a Comment