-->

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December 26. Day 361. A no-frills celebration




I hereby issue a public apology. I ruined Christmas. And I, of all people, should have known better, given I have previously nearly demanded a divorce over the same issue. Bon bons. I forgot the bon bons. This morning, as I was preparing for Christmas Day 2, the sequel (known to normal people as Boxing Day), I thought "I must get the bon bons." It was then when I remembered that I had bought two lots ... one for Christmas Day and one for Boxing Day. The Christmas Day lot were still in the car. I subjected my family to Christmas Day minus bon bons. Oh, the horror. And to think, in an incident best described as a Lost in Translation moment some years ago I almost rioted over a threatened withdrawal of bon bons at Christmas. My husband said there were to be none on the table. I called him a grinch. I told him he'd lost the Christmas spirit. I asked him what could make him so cold hearted that he would want a bon bon boycott?
 Turns out he was talking lollies, sweets. The thing we call Bon Bons he calls Christmas Crackers. He had no problem at all with stupid paper hats and lame jokes that are part of the Christmas ritual. He just didn't want everyone shovelling down chocolate and then not having enough room for the turkey and trimmings he'd slaved over. See use your words carefully ... and remember the bon bons. Otherwise you might ruin Christmas ... or worse.
























No comments:

Post a Comment