-->

Saturday, December 1, 2018

December 1. Day 336. Island time


I could stay that I was at the Youth Hostel on Stradbroke Island to prove you aren't only young once. I could say that, but it would be a lie. I was on Stradbroke Island for a Christmas celebration with some of my besties.
We do it every year, wherever is the most "convenient" place to gather.
This year it was at Stradbroke Island.
I love these people and I love our gatherings even if I did feel a tiny bit disloyal for stepping on the beach without my fur friends. Both my friends' house and the YHA are dog free zones, so Grandma did a spot of dog sitting for the night.
As soon as I stepped foot on the beach - just after I'd stepped over a snake because this is Australia after all - I was in my happy place. The champagne later didn't hurt at all. It was the best of times.
















No comments:

Post a Comment