-->

Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10. Day 345. Not a morning person



There was a Mexican stand off this morning.  Winkle was desperate to get to the beach.
Rumple, not really a morning "person", staged a sit down strike on the front steps.
It would have been easy to divide and conquer and take Winkle and leave Rumple, except neither dog wanted to be separated from the other.
Somehow, someone was going to have to compromise. That someone was me.
I carried Rumple most of the way to the beach until he was ready to walk. Seriously, those dogs have me wrapped around their little paws. When we got to the beach, I saw the turtle team. Until last year,  I didn't know turtles laid eggs in this part of Queensland. It was a revelation, one which I was just telling a friend about last week. He was heading north for the weekend to the turtle hatchery. He was as
surprised as I was to learn about turtle activity this far south.
Today, the turtle team told me, was the first batch of the season.
And to think, if I'd listened to Rumple, I would have missed it.
We were all happy we went.















No comments:

Post a Comment