-->

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December 5. Day 340. Impress me much


The only thing more unlikely than me finding myself at a Shania Twain concert is finding myself there with my friend Christy.
And yet ... there we were.
Christy was given the tickets by a friend who won them.
So as someone who has no expectations, indeed no real knowledge of Shania, here are my observations:

  • The girl can sing and works the room well
  • Not everyone should wear leopard print ... even in honour of a pop princess
  • No-one should wear a unitard covered in sequins, especially not teamed with fringed suede boots. EVER
  • Really cool video projections may look impressive but they seem strangely out of place at a concert
  • Shania looks bloody good for a woman my age... jealous
  • I actually knew far more Shania songs than I realised
  • The crowd seemed excited but reserved at the same time
  • The Shania fan base is very diverse
  • Boondall continues to be Brisbane's worst live music venue.
So am I sorry I went? No. Would I go to another Shania concert? Probably not, unless Christy rang with free tickets.
And if I was to go again, I'd find out what the whole leopard print thing was about first.























No comments:

Post a Comment