-->

Thursday, February 8, 2018

February 8, Day 39. Look to the heavens


 It's amazing how much we fail to see just by not looking. By concentrating on what we usually do, it's so east to miss stuff. We all do it. Probably most of the time it's a good way to filter out the noise and get things done. But it has it's downsides. Like today. This morning it was raining and I was feeling a bit off. So I broke one of my own rules and took the dogs to the beach in the middle of the day. Because it was the middle of the day and not before breakfast my mother came too. We'd just left the house when I saw the parachutists descending. "Look up," I said to mum. She did and after a bit kept walking. I stayed for longer and took some photos. I then caught up. "What kept you?" she asked. "The skydivers," I said. She had no idea what I was talking about.  She'd looked up back at the house and missed four people falling from the sky just above us. Just as well they weren't committing a crime or about to meet an unfortunate accident. "So Mrs Hetherington, you were on the beach when the incident happened. Can you tell us what you saw?" "Um, the beach?" Sounds like a dodgy lie if ever I've heard one. My dogs would have made better witnesses because they saw them. It's just another of the wonderful things you see when you are at the beach and have time to look. It also reminded me that the next time I go skydiving (I've done it twice) I want a beach landing





















No comments:

Post a Comment