-->

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February 20. Day 51. All is not lost



All Who Wander Are Not Lost. So said a sign that appeared near the bus stop at UQ some time since I was last there. It was one of a series which I suspect is an orientation thing encouraging new students to explore the campus. It's a great campus and a fine message which I suspect many, if not most students will ignore as soon as classes starts. One you know where the lecture theatres, refectory and watering hole is the wandering stops. I see a few students hanging down by the lakes but not many. All the more room for me, I say selfishly. I need to get back to mindless wandering because it is good for your mind. I also need to take the advice of one of the other recently installed signs.  "Take a minute, breathe and enjoy the surroundings." Words to live by which I will almost certainly not do,.You can take a girl to the lakes ....
















No comments:

Post a Comment