-->

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7. Day 38. Carry on camping

It would be going a bit far to say I'm still haunted by Year 11 Biology Camp on the Sunshine Coast but it's not far from the truth. It bucketed down. Climbing through the mangrove mud in winter in the wet is no fun. It also makes little sense because the school I went to was on the Brisbane River probably only a few hundred metres from the nearest mangrove. I also remember having to try and find and identify bird life, something I found insanely annoying at the time. Now it's something I enjoy a lot. My mind went to 16-year-old biology student me today when walking along the beach just after sunrise.  There were a couple of groups of girls sitting on the beach watching a much larger group off power walking. They looked like they would rather be in bed, until the dogs went and jumped all over them. We chatted. I was right. They were on camp. They had been dragged out of bed. Most of the others were off exercising but they were exercising their right to do no such thing. Good for them. My dogs enjoyed the attention so much so that on the walk home they went and shared their love with a woman reading a book on the beach. Fun times made even better by the fact that my accommodation has running hot water ....










































No comments:

Post a Comment