-->

Monday, February 12, 2018

February 12. Day 43. A spoon full of sugar


The first day back at work after a holiday is always a tough ask. A five hour planning meeting on day one, well that's going to be a struggle. When asked about dietary requirements, I listed sugar and caffeine. I suspect they thought I was joking. I wasn't. My heart sang a little when the first words at the meeting were "there will be no butchers' paper, coloured markers or sticky notes". Praise the Lord. I will never get why some meeting facilitators seem to think important decisions are best made by treating staff like they are back in kindy. They only bit of kindy I want retained is the afternoon nap. If I can't have that you will need to feed me sugar and caffeine. We got cake. It was one of those meetings talking more about vision than specifics. I like that. I can not pretend I wouldn't prefer to be back at the beach but a spoon full of sugar did help this medicine go down



No comments:

Post a Comment