-->

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 26. Day 300. Shell shocked


Those types who like inspirational posters and greeting cards with supposedly motivational quotes love the turtle.  Try to be like a turtle. At ease in your own shell, one says. Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out, says another. How terribly clever those who write those things must think they are. It's all so twee. I see those turtles and I am I inspired to stick my neck out? No, I'm reminded that there are times when you should pull your head in unless you want to be seen as a dick. I see a creature so slow it's covered in algae and I'm reminded that if you are not careful where your surface you might end up covered in crap. Oh yes, I do have my glass have empty goggles on today. Marking days do that to my head. Marking days accompanied by the stabbing sinuses of spring just serve to empty that glass a notch. When it reaches that point the only thing to do is grab the dogs and head out on foot. The turtles themselves may not have me thinking like John Sands but the walk and the time to stop and admire the creatures along the way at least goes part of the way to ensuring the head stays above water for that bit longer.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jamesbryan171089.html?src=t_turtle






No comments:

Post a Comment