-->

Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 1. Day 245. Champagne performances


 I don't know how you find the energy, people say. When I finish work the thought of heading out again is just too exhausting, people say. I sort of get that but let's face it when I go to the theatre, I'm not the one performing on stage. I'm not the one tying myself in knots in the Magic Mirrors Spiegeltent. Whether it's on the couch at home in front of the TV or a front row seat in the naughtiest circus in town my job is just to watch and breathe it all in. And let's face it, if the choice is Law and Order (insert city here) or Blanc de Blanc, a fusion of cabaret and acrobats and champagne talent, I'll take the live action "girl in the bubble" every time. It's not exhausting. It's exhilarating.
I must say that the sneak peek at Blanc de Blanc fills me with a great deal of excitement. There's something about the circus format that lends itself to adult only entertainment.
I can't wait to see the show in its entirety tomorrow.
And it's just as well I feel that way because it's Brisbane Festival season and that means it's party, party, party.
And then when it's all over sleep can happen.

























No comments:

Post a Comment