-->

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28. Day 88. Resistance is useless

 
I think it was 1979 or 1980 when I first started this diet. In the 32 years since I have probably lost 100 kilograms, perhaps more. That's not the issue. The issue is the 120 kilograms I have put on in this time.
Truth is I can resist anything but temptation.
Right now the good Susan it largely triumphing over the bad Susan. Weight is coming off rather than going on but it doesn't take much for the pendulum to swing back the other way.
So having a box of Freddo Frogs and Caramello Koalas sitting in my desk is cruel and unreasonable punishment. 
It is the curse of every parent - the fundraiser. When you have a school-aged child, life is an almost constant parade of swim-a-thons, treat stalls and pie drives.
I actually own this $48 box of chocolates because they had to be sold and the money returned by last week. The plan was to offload them at work but that hadn't happened by the deadline so naturally I paid for them myself. 
Eventually I will sell them, or give them away or eat them but right now they sit on the desk torturing me.
I understand that schools and community organisations need cash but I sometimes think that parents might prefer to just pay an additional levy rather than having to become a door-to-door salesman.
Personally, given the choice of selling or eating $48 worth of chocolate or paying $12 extra for each of the four terms of drama classes a year I'd pay up every time.
But perhaps that's just me. I might just ponder that some more over a Freddo Frog.

1 comment:

  1. They need to fill the box with just Caramello Koalas. That's a nice shot too.

    I like Chocolate.....

    ReplyDelete