-->

Friday, June 7, 2019

June 7. Day 157. Let there be light



What do a Gruffolo,  unicorn, guitar and lion have in common? No really. What do they have them in common? Honestly, I have no idea and certainly I have no idea what any of these things have to do multicultural Queensland. However, what I do know is that the lanterns in these shapes - and so many more - are a bright, wonderful and shining light of welcome to people from afar to Queensland.
The luminous parade is an annual part of Queensland week. I love it.
Thousands of people line the parade route through Southbank parklands.
They clap and wave and hold lights.
The dogs and I joined in tonight. I left feeling the love. In a word with so much negativity, this event is a bright spot. Long may it continue.

















No comments:

Post a Comment