-->

Monday, June 17, 2019

June 17. Day 167. City beats

I actually hate people like me. I think they have no appreciation of art or culture. I think they have no respect for talent or performance or the value of the creative industries.
I think they take creative people for granted.
Now given what I do both professionally and recreationally, such a claim might seem odd.
But today, I confirmed myself as a member of the group I despised. I became a person who appreciated a busker without coughing up.
I didn't mean to. It wasn't my fault. It's just that I pretty much never carry cash and buskers pretty much never take card.
Everything I need to do in the city I can do with the tap of a card or a swipe of an app. No-one really wants your cash except the busker.
I rather suspect it's an industry-wide problem for street performers. People are now glued to their phones, tuning out the world with their headphones and cashless. There's their business model broken right there. It's sad. Street performers add life and yet I fear it's a dying industry.











No comments:

Post a Comment