-->

Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15. Day 165. Raking it in







 I hate gardening. 
I'm lazy.
And I don't like dirt under my fingernails.
Also I kill things.
So I hate gardening.
But I like gardens. And I like playing in the garden.
I especially like watching kids play in the garden and listening to the shriek. 
There's always such joy.
They even seem to love things I hate; like raking and picking up leaves and hosing and digging. Today two-year-old Owen was my gardening buddy.
Well he did the raking while I supervised and nodded approvingly.
We did hunt for caterpillars together an activity I approve of even though I'm sure it only counts as gardening if your intent is the kill the caterpillar to protect the plants and not because you think they are awesome. This is why I kill plants. This is why I hate gardening.














No comments:

Post a Comment