-->

Sunday, June 16, 2019

June 16. Day 166. Stormy weather






The weather today was like me at an all-you-can eat dessert buffet. Really indecisive. Yesterday I promised the dogs an afternoon trip to the beach. I woke up and thought "no chance". I went back to bed. I woke to sunshine. Right then, I thought. New plan where the new plan is the old plan. Beach. We got ready. By the time we got out the door the clouds were gathering. By the time we got to the other side of town the threat was imminent and inevitable: A bit like my stomach after that dessert bar. New plan. A walk along Kedron Brook.  The dogs get their walk and their swim and we are less likely to die on slippery or flooded roads or in poor visibility due to a tropical downpour. Win. Win. And even though I believe my dogs to be most advanced, if pushed I might just concede that they did not know I'd said beach. But now I've put it in writing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment