-->

Thursday, June 20, 2019

June 20. Day 170. Reflective beauty





I was in the City Botanic Gardens today with the dogs.
They love the smells. I've I'm honest I don't think the smells of the gardens are their best feature.
On market day, the food vans certainly add an element of deliciousness to the air, that's for sure.
When the floral gardens are in bloom that's also deliciously fragrant, I admit.
But those are not the areas that attract the dogs. They head straight to the ponds and frequently the area nearest places such as ibis roosts. They are pretty much how you would expect a bird roost to smell.
But they are pretty. So while the dogs sniffed  I used my mother senses, mostly sight.
On a calm day like today the water lilies are beautiful.
I'm not really a pink kind of girl but there is no doubting the beauty of the reflective glory of a lily on a pond. If the dogs lifted their noses above the bird poo they may have appreciated it. I somehow doubt it. But then again, I'm never likely to take to the delights of duck dung so I guess we are even. Each to their own









No comments:

Post a Comment