-->

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October 2. Day 276. Potty about Potter


 Apparently JK Rowling was in line for a Nobel Prize for Literature this year.  Apparently the Nobel committee decided they would prefer nobody than ti her so that's who they will award it to Mr Nobody.
Yeah, because award judges have always decided that popular equals bad.
There is absolute crap that sells millions of copies.
50 Shades springs to mind immediately. It was pure unmitigated garbage and that's the kindest thing I can say about it. But Potter was all kinds of awesome. I remain defiant.  I will not let some stuffy Swedish academy tell me what I want to read.
Tonight I joined a Playhouse full of like-minded Muggles in a celebration of  being a Pot-head.
Potted Potted is a parody in which all seven books are told in 70 minutes.
It's huge fun. Little kids were about to wee themselves. Big kids (by which I mean me) were also in danger of a little light bladder leakage.
I've seen Potted Potter before but popular culture changes and thus the references must too.
I bet any members of the Nobel Prize Committee would have sat stony faced in their seats.
That's punishment enough.








No comments:

Post a Comment