-->

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October 17. Day 290. A plague of locusts


I am not a gardener. If I was I wouldn't have pot plants with dead sticks in them. If I was I might actually have lawn. If I was I wouldn't love grasshoppers. They are just awesome. It's hard to explain what makes them so interesting. I rather like their big eyes and how they are positioned on their heads. I like the way the eye itself seems to have this robotic characteristic. But in the end I suspect its about how they move. The hop is pretty compelling. The one that came to my attention today was on the glass outside Margaret's second floor balcony. Considering the size of our little friend that's really, really high up. I watched him for ages. I was captivated. I wished I'd had a Bug Catcher. I realised that was pointless because he was on the outside of the glass and he might find getting up two storeys no dramas but I'm much more grounded. Eventually he got bored and hopped away. Suddenly I felt like a green cocktail ....
































No comments:

Post a Comment