-->

Friday, October 12, 2018

October 12. Day 285. Stardust


Everyone who has been into my home - and many, many people who haven't - know that I have a thing for the works of Brisbane artist Starr. Of the five pieces of original art on my walls, four are by Starr.
Her work is bright and colourful.
She has a sense of fun and playfulness, a spark that I just love.
And I'm not the only one.
The Red Hill Gallery was packed tonight with Starr enthusiasts for the opening of Starr's latest exhibition Stardust.
In the crowd, one face stood out - Maria.
Little Maria modelled for Starr and was featured in a number of her works.
She is delightful and clearly has the same sense of fun and cheekiness evident in Starr's work.
She also doesn't mind posing, which makes her perfect.
And to add to my excitement I concerted my friend Alison into a Starr collector.
That's a pretty good outcome for a rainy Friday night.












No comments:

Post a Comment