-->

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

January 23. Day 23. Seafood diet

Scrub turkeys don't have a great reputation.
You know you are not top of the popularity stakes when the first sentence on Brisbane City Council's web page about the bird says the turkey is "a native Australian bird protected under State Wildlife Legislation. It is a serious offence to harm bush turkeys.
I admit I'm no a huge fan but I feel a natural affinity. They are one of nature's garbage gutses. The one I saw at the base of the Kangaroo Point cliff is clearly  following a seafood diet, much as I do. In the turkey's case, the seafood was a prawn shell it had scrounged from a barbecue. In my case, I see food. I eat it. This is going to change. Soon. I have ordered Lite'n'Easy. A combination of the delay in orders starting and a fast approaching holiday means it will be another couple of weeks before I begin in earnest.  But things must change. And they will. I will be a picture of virtue and diet goodness. Or something. But at least not dreadful.










No comments:

Post a Comment