-->

Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1. Day 1. Happy New Year


I don't especially like New Year's Eve. I don't warm to the whole "should old acquaintance be forgot, and old lang syne" thing (and not just because I have no idea what it means). I just always find it as an excuse to look over the past year and decide I failed to meet imaginary KPIs. You can't meet indicators if there aren't actually any but I always decide I haven't reached them anyway. So no big NYE celebrations but all the same I love fireworks. So I decided to go with Drama Teen's suggestion of an advanced screening of The Shape of Water. This worked well because it was low key and finished at 11.15 which left time to see the fireworks. Even better, we arrived at the Palace Barracks before the 8.30pm fireworks display. The view over the river confirmed that the Grey Street bridge, only a short walk away, would be an excellent place to watch the midnight exhibition of sky rockets in flight. A happy start to a new year. And a Happy New Year to you all. 











No comments:

Post a Comment