-->

Saturday, January 13, 2018

January 13. Day 13. It was twenty years ago today ....




It was 20 years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play, I gave birth. This, of course, makes it MY birth day since I did it just the once. You can't beat perfection or something. The 20th birthday is a strange anomaly in the birthday rankings. We tend to go all big on the birthdays that end in zeros. But while 20 marks the departure from the teens it lacks the significance of either 18 or 21. It's like here we revert to an imperial system while for the rest of our lives we are all very metric. But odd man out birthday or not, I feel it is a milestone well worth marking. My little boy is all grown up and I have to retire my preferred nickname Drama Teen. Such a shame. I loved that nickname almost as much as Mr O hated it. I am sure there is a direct correlation between the two. So I raise a glass and eat a slice of gluten-free chocolate cake. May the next decade be an exciting new decade and may I find a new nickname fast.


















No comments:

Post a Comment