-->

Saturday, November 3, 2018

November 3. Day 307. Theatrical experience


Brisbane Arts Theatre was the very first place Oliver first experienced the joy of theatre. As such it has a special place in my heart. And Alice in Wonderland is one of the plays he performed in at the same venue. So that doubles my affection. And being the kind creature I am I believe in sharing the love (AKA subjecting other families to an obsession that will doubtless lead to acting classes, voice classes, singing lessons, audition masterclasses...).  So instead of a physical gift I treated my little friend Molly to an afternoon at the theatre. She loved it. I also had the cast sing Happy Birthday to her ... that she wasn't so sure about it. Perhaps she was aware that in Wonderland they celebrate un-birthdays not birthdays. Or perhaps the idea of best wishes from someone who shouts "off with her head" isn't so appealing. Who knows. Give it time. There's a girl who will grow to love a bit of theatre. I feel that.













No comments:

Post a Comment