-->

Thursday, November 29, 2018

November 29. Day 334. Wonderland


What do sex toys, circus in a Glad Wrap Box and fractured fairy tales have in common?
That was what I experienced tonight. Perhaps that sounds like over-sharing or the punch line of a bad joke. It's neither.  The Wonderland festival at The Brisbane Powerhouse is all about the off beat theatrical and tonight I experienced it by the bucketload.
In four hours, I managed to squeeze in threes shows covering stand up, circus and cabaret in a theatrical threesome that was extremely entertaining.
The Wonderland Festival is pretty new to the Brisbane scene and I must say it's a welcome addition. As we head full steam into the silly season and the main stage programs start to dry up, this is just what the city needs. I applaud it heartily.



















No comments:

Post a Comment