-->

Friday, November 2, 2018

November 2. Day 306. A proposal



 When director Glenn Weiss proposed to his girlfriend Jan during the Emmy Awards, Oliver and I thought it was heartfelt and adorable. Charles thought it was cheap, tacky and publicity seeking.  It comes as know surprise, really, considering which two members of the family are most into a bit of theatre.
I love a romantic gesture. Tonight walking through the Botanic Gardens, on my way to the theatre, I saw two women setting up a picnic under a tree. There were fairy lights and balloons and cushions and flowers. It was like a scene from The Bachelor. Naturally I stopped to talk. One woman told me she was working on behalf of her cousin. He was planning on proposing. They were on their way. Naturally I had to stop and look - from a polite distance. They arrived. He got down on one knee. She clearly said yes. I left them to it.
Simple. Beautfiul. Heartfelt.









No comments:

Post a Comment