-->

Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11. Day 315. Remembrance Day


I genuinely meant to go to a Remembrance Day ceremony today. I barely remembered to get out of bed. Well, I remembered I just elected not to. I reminded myself that I was on sick leave and that gave me a little bit more licence to hang around the house and do not very much if that's what my body called for. Late in the afternoon we did all go and visit Margaret with a bundle of things rescued from under her house. What a little fishing trip that has been. The autograph book was a doozy. So many memories of an Australia of days gone by - the good, the bad and the ugly. Still what was written in an autograph book in 1941 is probably no worse than what's written on Twitter every day. Only the medium has changed.







No comments:

Post a Comment