-->

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21. Day 326. Fire!

Oh for goodness sake, I thought. 
I'll be 30 minutes. Ten minutes to get there. I'll be there 10 minutes then 10 minutes to get home.
And at the 20 minute mark the phone rings repeatedly. Seriously. You need what that is more important than what I'm doing... You see what I was doing was getting portraits of the dogs taken. This is in the very important basket. This is in the Do Not Disturb basket and yet ...
Reluctantly I answer. The home around the corner is burning down. The flames are huge. The smoke is really black.
Okay. That IS a big deal.
The journalist in me knows this. The nosey neighbour in me knows this. The photo shoot is over anyway. I'm coming home.
There were still flames when I got there but it was mostly out. But the news crews were still there. I can smell a news story in the air in the smoke. I can see it in the faces of the residents. I feel a tiny bit nostalgic for a former career but like the resulting asthma it passes.













No comments:

Post a Comment