-->

Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 17. Day 321. What a load of rubbish



I know the State is better for the plastic bag ban. 
I know how reliant we were on them. 
I know how wasteful and complacent we all were.
I have seen the horrible pictures of turtles and other wildlife who have met a painful horrible end after coming off second best to a plastic bag.
So to be clear, I am not advocating a return to being a nation of bag ladies (and gents).
But I admit I'm still in a period of adjustment. I forget to take bags to the supermarket more often than I remember.
And I do miss having a supply on hand for bin liners and kitchen scraps. In time, I will forget I ever did those things - but that time has not yet come.
But now there's one more thing I'll never be able to do - make a dress out of single-use shopping bags. Let's be honest it was never on my bucket list and I would never have done it but the one I saw at Reverse Garbage today was pretty spectacular. I love how Reverse Garbage recycles, reuses and up-cycles. I love the vision of the creatives. I love the $2 beads I purchased ... I just wish I had a plastic bag to put them in (joke).









No comments:

Post a Comment