-->

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Time to beef up



Remember how little we used to know about beef? At a stretch, we knew a cow's arse from its elbow but the type of cow? Not so much.
That may have been just as well when it came to the type of beef used to create the beef burger. Let's be honest the finest meat never went anywhere near a mincer.
Thankfully times have changed. Hell even fast food restaurants feature Angus beef in their premium burgers. Why stop there? When it comes to beef there is nothing finer than than Japan's premium wagyu. As a burger lover I have to say I applaud the decision to put that into a bun. Today, I was invited to Ribs & Burgers at The Woollongabba to taste test the new Wagyu Burger range.   All I can say is thank goodness I'm not a vegetarian. There are three burgers in the range: a tower with crispy onion rings as the genius extra ingredient, the Chimmi and Swiss (with Swiss cheese, chimichurri mayonnaise and a delicious runny egg) and the big cheese. We were able to sample all three (fortunately not three whole burgers or I'd be in a food coma). These are serious burgers. The hero is the beef but the special secret pink sauce and the other ingredients sure make a meal of it. This would have been my proof that there is such a thing as a free lunch but work meant I had to cancel and attend at dinner instead. Nice work if you can get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment