-->

Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9. Day 282. I'd rather be a pig(eon)


I've said it before and I don't mind repeating it. I'm a pig. I've always related to the song Swing on a Star where it describes a pig in a way that is clearly meant to be derogatory. From the time I was a small child, I always thought "What's so wrong with that?" A pig is an animal with dirt on his face. His shoes are a terrible disgraceHe ain't got no manners when he eats his foodHe's fat and lazy - and extremely rude. But if you don't care a feather or a fig. You may grow up to be a pig. This seems like a perfectly reasonable response to life, in my opinion. There must be something in those first three letters as the pig of the bird world, the pigeon has much the same reputation. The character who runs the kebab shop just down from my office clearly thinks so. He puts out a water bowl for the birds and is so unimpressed with how they treat it he has written a sign to remind them of their manners. I was going to say that this seems to be an odd response given birds can't read but then my dogs have both Twitter and Instagram accounts and they can neither read not write. So the pigeon doesn't give a feather or a fig but at the end of the day, who would you rather be? The pigeon or the statue?




 















No comments:

Post a Comment