-->

Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 1. Day 274. A tale of two cities


Sydney from the air as we left

 Frankly, I wouldn't believe me either. The story of the past week defies credibility and yet it is true. Monday morning I cancelled a training session at work because I was dying. Monday afternoon, I was in the ABC Radio studios. The pattern continued all week dying in the morning. Brisbane festival events at night. When I had to cancel the second training session on Friday, I looked at the email I was sending explaining my symptoms and realised I had just described either a vile hangover or morning sickness. I have neither. But writing it down made me remember another time about a decade ago when the same thing happened. I clearly recall running out of Myer at Chermside to vomit in the carpark. A resulting blood test found I had the liver function of an alcoholic due to new medication for Ulcerative Colitis. It was far worse in the morning because that's when I drug myself. Changing to another similar drug and fiddling with does fixed the problem but I need regular blood tests to monitor my liver function. I "may" be a bit overdue for a blood test. Well I was until Friday. I won't get the results until Tuesday but liver enzymes or bad reflux (also far worse in the morning) are on the shortlist of possibilities, according to my GP. I have started reflux medication and was prescribed anti nausea-medication to get through the morning flights to and from Sydney. That stuff is amazing. So while I know few will believe me, I swear I really was too sick to get out of bed for training but well enough or medicated enough to do the other stuff. At least I now I'm close to knowing what I'm dealing with and can act appropriately. It had better work.




Brisbane from the air as we approached our landing 



No comments:

Post a Comment