-->

Saturday, October 21, 2017

October 21. Day 294. Wet, wet, wet



Today I was a big wet blanket. Wet dreary days are known to induce SAD, AKA seasonal affective disorder. Winter depression is a thing, induced by lack of light. It's unlikely to happen after one dark and rainy day in Spring but perhaps I'm a particularly sensitive type. Or perhaps I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Today I have a very bad case of feeling-sorry-for-self-itis. I don't like being trapped at home. The wet weather only makes it worse. On dry days I can take short excursions. On wet days, I stay home and mope. Ironically, when I'm not sick, a weekend with nothing to do is considered a blessing. When it is forced upon me, it is a curse. Woe is me. I did leave the house just once, to go and check on Margaret. The dogs insisted on it. They are getting annoyed at my lack of enthusiasm for walkies (although mostly they are quite content to sit on my lap or lie beside me on the bed).








No comments:

Post a Comment