-->

Monday, September 3, 2018

September 3. Day 247. Waltzing Matilda


 "Are you EVER home?" a friend on Twitter asked me recently. Truthfully, much less often than normal people.
Sometimes a night on the couch seems like a very attractive option but for me sitting in a comfy seat in a cinema or theatre takes about the same effort as plonking in front of the TV and the rewards are usually far greater. 
As a reviewer I can afford myself that luxury.
Tonight was a networking event organised by the Matilda Awards committee.
For those not up with the industry, the Matilda Awards celebrate the Queensland Theatre industry and this year I'm on the judging panel. That meant another night on the town.
That meant another night catching up on Survivor later.
But am I complaining? No, I am not.
It was a chance to mingle with theatre-loving folk, drink wine and eat rather delicious canapes.
That's worth sacrificing a night on the couch in anyone's language.








No comments:

Post a Comment