-->

Friday, September 14, 2018

September 14. Day 258. Pigeon pair


 Pigeons don't always get the love they deserve. Okay they swarm about city centres like flying rats but let's be honest they aren't exactly like the ibis. A pigeon has never stolen a chip out of my hand like a magpie.
A pigeon has never tried to dive bomb me and take out my eye like a magpie.
Pigeons, however, have a proud history.
Their speed and homing abilities made them hugely influential in war.
And pigeon fanciers - including one of my work pals sing their praises.
I really haven't met any ibis lovers. And they seem kind of sweet. There's this dog bowl near where I have lunch most days. The pigeons love it.
They are very sweet. Washing each other. Splashing around. Not trying to steal my lunch.
I see why people like them.
I like them.











No comments:

Post a Comment