-->

Monday, September 17, 2018

September 17. Day 261. Quiet in the house



 There are many reasons not to like Mondays.
Most people could list of a whole bundle of them. Generally speaking they involve work and the fact there's a whole week to survive until next weekend.
But there's one other reason - unless you happen to be an actor. There's no theatre on a Monday. After my normal Monday stint at the ABC, I decided to take a stroll down to the Brisbane Festival headquarters. It was quiet, really, really quiet. And well it might be because the Spiegeltent was closed for the night. Monday is the weekend for the weird theatre folk whose life revolves around a different sun from the rest of us. There was one woman in an animal print directing people to the toilet - I'm still not sure why an animal print is needed for that job but she looked pretty cool and probably any occasion is a good one for leopard print .
The quietness of the site meant it was easy to find my husband. It's not often I see him surrounded by glitter  - that's normally Oliver's job. It's also not often that I'd see him near anything with The Courier-Mail's name on it. Gotcha my friend. Nice work for a Monday, if you ask me



No comments:

Post a Comment