-->

Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 30. Day 334. Feeling crabby


 I am my father's daughter in so many ways. Look at me and you'll know I'm a Hetherington. But it's not just the nature part of the equation. There's also the nurture bit. I find myself doing many things that if I stopped to think about it I'd realise were from my Dad.
But today I broke a dad habit of a lifetime. It's about holidays. When the holidays were done we packed up and went home. There were no detours, no delays. It was - to borrow a Monopoly phrase - go home, go directly home, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
I even remember one family holiday to Port Macquarie where he refused to stop to let us eat or drink. If the car hadn't needed petrol there probably wouldn't have been wee breaks either. He just wanted to get back to home sweet home.
I might not be quite so crazy rigid about it but I also don't delay at heading home. Questions about a car full of valuables or wet togs and towels or perishable food always bother me.
But not today. Today it was raining when the dogs and I should have had our last walk along the beach. I felt cheated. Also without a big run we would have a whinging Winkle to deal with all the way home. So with the car packed and the keys returned, the dogs and I hit the beach. Drama Teen stayed in the air conditioned car to help alleviate my normal concerns. The weather was threatening but the run was excellent (even if the car is now buried in sand).


















No comments:

Post a Comment