-->

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November 28. Day 332. Spirit of Adventure


I'm sure my mother loves me, really. But I do test her.
Mum traditionally joins us on holiday. She pitches in and does what we do.
I "reward" her with a few surprises. One year we went for a "short walk" through the Noosa National Park to the nudist beach. Anyone who knows the area knows that the reason this unofficial clothes optional beach is allowed to flourish is because it is well off the beaten track. You can approach it from two different park entrances. Neither is a short walk. But she did it. Today we took the dogs to the Maroochy River North Shore where the river meets the ocean. The plan was to start the walk at the ocean entry and walk around the headland and arrive park at the car park at the river entry. It's a fine plan. What I didn't mention was that although it is beach most of the way there are detours.
Fallen trees and the like mean that in places you have to head inland. In one section you have to wade through water about knee deep.
I'd done it a couple times on this holiday. Drama Teen has conquered it once. We both knew what to expect. My mum did not.
The dogs loved it. The humans embraced it. I think my mother, knowing my sense of direction, was just pleased that we made it back to where we started.
I rewarded her with Pad Thai for dinner. It's her favourite. She rewarded me with doing the washing up. Deal.










No comments:

Post a Comment