-->

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 5. Day 248. Rusted on



Dear Queen Elizabeth,
You seem to have neglected to send me my 100th birthday telegram (do they still have them?)
Regards
Your not very loyal subject
Susan.
If you are only as old as you feel, I should have received my card from the Queen today. I'm tired. Really, really tired which makes me feel really, really old and really, really cranky.
It's that Week 7 of semester kind of feeling.
With the "stuff" that's been going on with Margaret in the past few weeks, I've heard her say to a number of people a number of times "Don't get old". Of course, the alternative isn't very attractive. In truth you can be "young" into your 90s or old in your 50s, like me today. These pelicans, an artwork called Biomechancial Pelicans by Christopher Trotter were only installed in 1995 but like me they look rusted on. They, of course, were designed to look old and will just improve with age. Me, on the other hand. ....




No comments:

Post a Comment