-->

Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 20. Day 263. Feeling slack


I could have been a champion - if only it was an Olympic sport. Doing nothing was a specialty subject, of which no-one equalled my prowess. But that was almost a lifetime ago. These days I can only dream of doing nothing. I think I'd like nothing better but if today is anything to go by you really should be careful of what you wish for.
Quite simply, I didn't have the energy. Eight weeks of bronchitis has taken its toll. Breathing, I have discovered, is rather good. Why it took me eight weeks to work that out and seek treatment is anyone's guess.
On top of that the antibiotics have me wondering if the treatment is worse than the disease. Short term pain, long time gain I guess, I hope.
But after lying around most of the day I was bored, bored, bored, chairman of the bored.
So the fur friend and I went for a walk to discover what being slack was all about.
I love the slackliners in Musgrave Park. Their Saturday afternoon antics on slack lines tied between the trees never cease to entertain and amuse.
And to think I considered it hard to find balance ...  


No comments:

Post a Comment