-->

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2. Day 245. Are you looking at me?

 I can't help it. I love them. It's a curious captivation. They are certainly not attractive, just the opposite in fact. But their prehistoric ugliness doesn't really look like it belongs of our world. As a child, I wanted one as a pet. I even watched a lizard diligently bury eggs in the back yard and then went and dug them up, wrapped them in cotton wool and stowed them in a matchbox which I promptly lost. In that one act of carelessness, I was forced to strike off reptile keeper from the list of possible careers. Now I am happy to watch not touch. It seems everyone around my place was contenting themselves with a good look today. The lizard appeared quite taken with his own reflection in the glass pool fence. Rumple was also getting quite an eyeful - but from a safe distance. Probably just as well. I'm not sure if I'd back fur or scales in a one-on-one. My sense is that Rumple is the lover not the fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment