-->

Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6. Day 96. Make hay while the sun shines

Some will have you believe that procrastination is putting off until tomorrow what can be done today. I guess that's true, if you are a total novice at it. The true art form that is procrastination is not putting off until tomorrow what can be put off indefinitely. I am a master at the art, especially when it comes to marking. I will carry it with me for a week diligently finding countless "incredibly important" tasks that need completing before the marking can begin. Seriously, no-one can expect me to mark with fingernails that need filing can they?
So today, this beautiful sunny Sunday could have been spent taking the dogs to the beach but that bundle of marking had to be tackled first. And then I needed a nap. Not to worry, I thought. A 4pm start still put Nudgee Beach totally in the frame for a dog romp. The weather gods thought otherwise sending a nice little afternoon thunder storm to remind me that I should have been making hay while the sun shines, or something. Call me a wuss but warnings of thunder, lightning and hail kind of put me off driving too far at all. Still, this was not a conversation I felt like having with the fur friends so we compromised, ignored the showers and went to the dog park. Unsurprisingly we were the only ones there but the dogs were not likely to let a small matter of rain put them off. Unlike me, Rumple and The Fed go for spontaneity over procrastination. Once again, I think we can learn a lot from dogs. Smart creatures. I wonder how they'd go at marking university assessment. I've got a bundle they could have a go at ...

No comments:

Post a Comment